Sunday, December 31, 2017

12/23/14 Musings of an Old Prospector...

12/23/14 Musings of an Old Prospector...

I wish I had been smarter sooner. This is a regular thought for me, concerning personal (finances, health), family (husband, father, provider), ministry (writing, archiving, networking) areas of my life. My failures and short comings along the way were sometimes due to good intentions, but inadequate information. Sometimes the information was not available or not offered, sometimes it was because I was not focused on that issue at the time, and I was not alerted to its importance.

I am thankful for those who taught me the things that they did teach me (especially Bible, and theology, and a good work ethic, and Christian/family values), and I am thankful for God helping me find old, abandoned, and neglected trails. As a result, I have tried to help others avoid some pitfalls and rabbit trails in life. Truth, and knowledge, and understanding, and wisdom are the treasures that God gives us through the reading of His word, through prayer and meditation, through listening to other people (especially believers), and through following Christ, along old, abandoned and neglected paths.

Sadly, there are great truths that I tried to pass on to others, but they were not always received. I know that I am an easy guy to ignore and reject. I also know that some people won't listen to sound counsel, regardless of who gives it. However, to reject life transforming truth is a major mistake, whoever does it, for whatever reason.

I wish I had recorded more of my journey and the treasures I have found.
I wish I had made more of a positive influence on more people and used my resources more wisely.
I now wish there were more people interested in the nuggets of truth, which God has allowed this old prospector to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment