Sunday, December 31, 2017

12/29/14 MY STRATEGY

12/29/14 MY STRATEGY

I consider my audience. Of course I do not change my message to pacify or crucify anyone. I am a shepherd, not an hireling (Jn. 10:11-13).
I preach the truth, in season, and out of season (2 Tm. 4:2).
I speak the truth in love (Ep. 4:15).

Though I do not preach AT ANYONE, I adapt my message FOR EVERYONE present. I consider their ages, their Biblical and religious backgrounds. I "shotgun" rather than "rifle." I do not use the pulpit to attack individuals (which is cowardly). I honor the pulpit by attacking sin, and exalting God and His righteousness.
I preach with the intent of leading people into light, grace, transformation and growth.

I have followed Solomon's guide for preaching,
Ecclesiastes 12:9-11
(9) And moreover, because the preacher was wise, he still taught the people knowledge; yea, he gave good heed, and sought out, and set in order many proverbs.
(10) The preacher sought to find out acceptable words: and that which was written was upright, even words of truth.
(11) The words of the wise are as goads, and as nails fastened by the masters of assemblies, which are given from one shepherd.

I DO preach to the children.
They can be reached while they are young.
They can be more easily reached while they are still coming to church services.
They need it, just like anyone else.
They will heed it, more quickly than most people.
They can be saved from future sinning as well as be forgiven for past sins.

Older church people are either walking in the light they have, and will be blessed by the message I bring, or they have quit walking in the light and they need to hear the gospel in simple terms, so that they might come back to their first love (Re. 2:4-5).

I do not make the message weak, for the weak, instead I feed and lead the lambs and sheep to make them strong (Jn. 21:15-17).
I feed them milk (1 Co. 3:1-3; He. 5:12-13; 1 Pe. 2:2), and meat (He. 5:14).

PASSAGES...
John 10:11-13

(11) I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
(12) But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
(13) The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.

2 Timothy 4:2
(2) Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

Ephesians 4:15

(15) But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

Revelation 2:4-5

(4) Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
(5) Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

John 21:15-17
(15) So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.
(16) He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
(17) He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

1 Corinthians 3:1-3
(1) And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
(2) I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
(3) For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

Hebrews 5:12-13
(12) For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
(13) For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

1 Peter 2:2
(2) As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

Hebrews 5:14
(14) But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment